Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) is a scholarship program that is run by the Indian institute of Science, to encourage students that are highly motivated to pursue a research career in science. KVPY enables the students to realise their academic potential and assists them with their future career opportunities.
Around 40,000 - 50,000 students appear for the KVPY exam.
Out of the 50,000 students (on average), that appear for the exam
1500 Scholars are eligible for the Scholarship provided.
An Examination and an Interview is conducted & the students that pass for both are deemed as KVPY Scholars.
There are three different sets for the students appearing in the KVPY examination.
The merit list is based on scoring 75% for Aptitude test and scoring 25% for the interview marks in the streams SA, SB and SX
Qualifying for the KVPY exam the students are considered for direct admission to top institutes like IISc and the various IISERs.
KVPY is a good opportunity for JEE and NEET aspirants to test their concepts, understanding and application of logic, as the syllabus is quite similar.
The three different streams of examinations are:
- Stream SA: Students that are in class 11 during the academic year are eligible for this test.
- Stream SX: Students that are in class 12 during the academic year are eligible for this test.
- Stream SB is eligible to students that are in the first year of the undergraduate program during the academic year.
Summer programmes are organised for different streams that give candidates the opportunity to attend various seminars and watch scientists at work and interact with them or visit nearby laboratories.
How we prepare you.
Eligibility: students of 11th - 12th standard.
- Students can take varied practice tests to strengthen their knowledge of every subject and better their understanding.
Benefits of KVPY
- Being a KVPY scholar is one of the most coveted titles and it gives candidates an edge over others making their resume stand out.